Wednesday 4 June 2008

Technology Free Zone!

I'm a bit of a technology-free zone at the moment. The reason is that I'm currently back at my family home in Belfast, looking after my mum who's having some back problems. She's getting much better, but just the way things are, I don't have half the amount of time to spend playing around online. That means, far less twitter, far less etsy-playing, far less internet in general. Instead, I've been working on my new scrabble tile pendants, and experimenting with what works well with them, and making up some crochet cakes for listing over the weekend. Do I miss the internet? Well, of course. It's a pretty much vital part of my little crafty business. Pls, right now, business hasn't been one hundred per cent booming, probably due to my lack of onlininess. However, productivity is up up up!!!


Sooo, these are my new scrabble tiles. I've made some of them using Japanese paper, but most are from old postcards from my rather embarassingly giant collection. I'm pretty glad that I've found a use for them. They've been sitting in a box in my flat for about 6 years waiting for me to say "yes! let's cut them up and stick them on stuff!". And now I have. Fabulous. They are available at my new store - Pinkie Pixie.

I'm a little conflicted about the tiles. On one hand, I think that they are totally goregous, and can definitely see them selling in local craft fairs as well as online. On the other hand, the Etsy community seems to have a weird relationship with them. They sell reasonably well, but they are a big trend there, and maybe I've lept on the bandwagon? But what is wrong with making what you like?

5 comments:

[] said...

I'd love to do a little blurb about your postcard collection with some pix of it & to go along with it maybe a little paragraph by you about the collection leading into the theme of doing what you love even if everyone else is doing it. what do you think? I found you through Twitter BTW...

Rosebud Collection said...

They look lovely..your doing a great job..Nice to help your mom, in her time of need..

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

lovely your scrabble tile work. also lovely to hear you are taking care of your mother. very nice of you. i like your new etsy shop name too.

woolies said...

hi moose and bear, I have a scrabble tile shop too (in addition to my woolies shop) and it is a bit crazy with all the competition! If you ever feel like chatting, convo me!
http://busterandboo.etsy.com or
http://woolies.etsy.com
yours look really cute.

Moonchild Dancing! said...

Those are adorable! I love those little scrabble tile pendants. It's sometimes nice to not have so many distractions in our lives. Allows us to hear ourselves breath for a while. :)