Saturday 5 April 2008

How many is too many?

















One of the questions that I often ask myself is
how many items should I keep in my store? Is more better, or does that look like I can't sell anything? The best sellers on Etsy often have over 100 items in their store. However, they often have sales in the hundreds as well. I have never managed to get beyond a meagre 25 items until today, when I listed another couple - this little cute elephant and a new felt badge. I think I'm going to get to 30 (I've sold 38), and then go back to relisting rather than constantly adding new things. That doesn't mean I'm not working on new designs and ideas. I've got about 5 brooches that I need to finish off. Tonight will be about eating a lovely salad, watching a proper film (The Lives of Others), and chilling out.

This little badge is a bit change from what the embroidery that I've been doing recently - it's a bit prettier, and a bit more "skilled" looking. I wanted it to look a little more professional, and I've got a few more designs like this up my sleeve. I hope that they fit in with the rest of my shop aesthetic, and don't get lost in all the cheeky nonsense!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Helloooooo!
Received my badges--thank you thank you thank you! They are wonderful.
And thank you for the bonus-- no offense taken-- it's one of my favorite words. I'm giving it to my hubby Ted because he uses it even more than I do.

Laura said...

I love the star badge - it's so adorable!!! Keep doing what you're doing - you're doing great!

Rosebud Collection said...

What cute things..the badge is so cute and the elephant is adorable.

Caroline said...

I've always wondered if too many items make a shop harder to surf through. Giving people choices is good, but overwhelming them is not!

:)

Liz said...

nice badges! I always think the more the merrier, dont worry too much about how many items, I think the more items the more views = more traffic through your shop, I just make and list, I do re-list sometimes too when I havent been very productive but yes get as many in as you can lol