Wednesday 23 April 2008

Update on the To Do List

Firstly, check out this amazing banner that was put together for me by cultivatedmindart. How fantastic is it?! I adore the lo-fi, diy, doodle approach she's taken. It's just perfect for moose and bear. I gave her such a random brief, and I'm so impressed with what she did with my really rubbish directions! I was actually a little bit nervous when she asked what I wanted - I didn't want to be too directional or prescriptive, because I'm pretty open-minded and trust graphic arts people to be able to produce something fantastic that I didn't even know I wanted. I did say I didn't like orange or purple, so she has nicely avoided those! If anyone else is looking for a banner, I would definitely recommend her.
Soooooo, my crafting to-do list. It now looks like this:
  • make legs and finish a blue octopus - the legs are done, the octo is not finished!
  • make six more sugar cookies - I've done a tiny bit of three
  • make six matryoska dolls - I've not even started
  • make 4 felt ninjas - not started
  • make 3 crochet ninjas - not started
  • make 3 keyrings - not started
Should I be freaking out? Well, yes, probably. But I have been really rubbish at focusing my efforts this week, instead getting addicted to jezebel.com. Rookie mistake. Tonight my boyfriend is out for the entire evening at basketball, so that will give me a huge amount of time to just sit down and focus my sewing efforts. I am determined to get the cookies done and at least 3 more matryoska dolls. I know I can do it, I really do! I just gotta have faith! (and large quantities of diet coke! and my favourite sewing soundtrack).

5 comments:

The Nature Nut said...

Yeah, you can do it for sure! The "to do" list always looks worse on paper than it is in real life. You'll see once you get started that it really isn't so bad :o)

snowy652 said...

you sound super busy

blessings ~ Shell

woolies said...

good luck with the craft fair. I just did one recently that was DESERTED. :0(
I blogged about it too...

TotusMel said...

Good luck on your list, I have a similar one building up on my table!
-pam
http://totusmel.blogspot.com

Contessa Kris said...

I just want to tell you how much I'm enjoying finding and reading your blog. Love all the items you've ben making. Hope you got your to do list completed...
Visit my blog for a giveaway!