Monday 24 March 2008

50th post!!

Yes, I can't quite believe that I've made it to my fiftieth post. Not quite as exciting as my 50th sale, which will be quite some celebration. Yesterday I was lucky enough to celebrate my 30th sale, and that lucky chappie will be receiving a little extra gift in his envelope when he opens it. Actually, he was a really great customer, a couple of convos about the item in question before buying it, and I just really liked ho he took the trouble to get in touch. Big smiles.

Yesterday, I was supossed to be making more amigurumis, as they are by far the most popular thing in the shop. But I realised that what I really wanted to do as to stack my felt up and to vaguely tidy my thread box. I've included a before picture, but I forgot to take the after picture - doh! But bringing some order to my life made me a wee bit happier.


Today, I also neglected the amigurumi ducks (nearly finished, honestly) in favour of making something entirely new. Please welcome this tiny little felt car! I think it's adorable. I saw something similar in an Aranzi Aronzo book, but I wanted to go smaller and use buttons and some embroidery, so ended up with this little cutie. I really want to make a whole heap more of them now. The only shame is that his buttons don't actually turn, otherwise Ori and I could race them round the flat!

Tonight I'm having a late Easter dinner. Roast lamb, all the trimbings, and a rhubarb crumble for dessert. I've never actually made a rhubarb crumble, so I have to admit to being slightly worried about it. Mainly that I don't actually have enough for the crumble, to be honest. I wasn't really thinking when I picked up the bunch, and now this could be a disaster!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

happy 50th! and good luck with the crumble you need lots of sugar. I still have some rubarb in the freezer from last year.

TWO BEES IN A POD said...

congrats on your 30th sale, and your 50th post <3 love your shop.

Gretel said...

Lovely car, good to see some more boyish things being made! Happy 50th. :)

Anonymous said...

That car is adorable. Enjoy your dinner... sounds yummy:)

Sharon said...

Congrats on the 30th sale!

I love apple and rhubarb crumble, yummo.

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

happy 30th and 50th! heres to many more. i love the car!!! seriously, love it. i work at a car dealership, so may want you to do something with the cars sometime. good job on cooking easter dinner. neato.

fi at moose and bear said...

just to update - the crumble was heaven!! thanks for the comments. leah, anytime on the car stuff!