Saturday 8 March 2008

crazy times!!

Right now I am perched on one corner of the sofa, knees against my chest, typing in a fairly uncomfortable position. The reason for this is that I have my very first craft fair next Saturday, and I have woefully little stock for it, and am now mad crafting like a maniac to make up for it. On top of that, I have been in Israel for a few days vacation visiting my boyfriend's family, and I thought I would be able to get loads done there - nope, not a chance!!! The floor of my tiny flat is covered with felt scraps, there is wool everywhere, the kitchen table has cut out bits of felt all over it, and there are enough pins and needles lying around to ensure that I'll definitely do myself a serious injury!! Now, my boyfriend is a total neat freak (when he runs out of things to say, he says "tidy up!" because he knows it's relevant!), so luckily he isn't home until tomorrow, otherwise he'd be having a heart attack and breaking out into cold sweats. I am literally counting the crafting hours I have between now and Saturday to see how much I can make. And with the fab new job, well, taking a sickie is just plain out of the question. I can see a week of very little sleep, and bribing my boyf to be extremely understanding!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

I found your blog via Etsy forums (I'm Hurdler4eva on Etsy!) and I just wanted to say hi. Your plushies are 100% adorable and your blog is enjoyable to read.

I hope this week isn't too stressful for you, and that your first craft show goes really well. I'm looking forward to reading about it on your blog!

Caroline said...

Eeep! Good luck with the craft show! Glad I'm not the only one who gets everything done at the last minute, hehe.

Simple Splendor Photography said...

Good luck!! I hope you get TONS of stuff ready for the craft show!!

leah - moxiethrift on etsy said...

ahhh...the prep for craft fairs! i thought i was the only one mad dashing til the last minute. i hope you do well. i stuff is neato. let us all know how you 'fared' at the fair. and above all, enjoy!