Sunday 27 January 2008

almost stressful


IMG_3803, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

Crafts are supposed to be relaxing right? Right now, I don't feel relaxed. I set myself a goal this year of 3 sales a week. This week, I got 5, which is fantastic, but has actually made me feel really stressed! I have been feeling very much that I have nothing in my shop and I have been mad crafting to replenish stock. I know, who thought I would ever be complaining of too much success?? And even by posting this, I know that I will have no sales now for weeks!

Perhaps a reason why I feel stressed is because I decided that I really wanted to make another octopus - they are extremely cute after all. Unfortunately that whole 8-legged thing is a bit of a pain in the ass!! I always underestimate how long he takes to actually make. But once he's finished, I completely forget because he looks so wise and blue. Definitely one of my favourites.

Another excitement this week was my felt purchase from Paper and String. This is a great example of how flickr really can work for promotions - I love paper and string's page on flickr, went to her blog, and then proceeded to buy some lovely felt from her store. It's a shame that the boyfriend has taken all the best colours I bought and is currently turning them into a monkey plushie. He is actually doing very well at his whole "I want to build monsters" thing.

I sold "dude" this week. That's the last one of the "original moose and bear" crew - the plushies that I really felt represented moose and bear's aesthetic; I actually felt a pang of sadness that I will have to pack him up. I know, be strong and remember, this is supposed to vaguely be a business.

It's Sunday - I'd love a tea and some cake. Yum.

4 comments:

Beeonka Music said...

The octopus is beautiful~

melissakate said...

I totally understand being sad about sending something out! I had a buffalo card that I love that was OOAK and I have to send him out on Monday...

I'm sure "dude" is going to a great home!

Anonymous said...

Drink your tea, and take a deep breath....then GET BACK TO WORK! LOL

Just remember, as much as you love dude, someone else will too!

Leslie said...

i love the octopus..aww it*s ok..he found a new home..