Thursday 17 January 2008

My First Custom Order


IMG_3623, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

Yep, that's right, I got my first custom order. I'm really excited about it. Bascially, I have to make up this little guy here, but larger, and with a different message. It's been commisioned by a mum who's little boy is having really bad headaches. I should have it finished today and mailed off tomorrow - pictures coming soon. Because we've built up a bit of a relationship whilst we've been emailing back and forth, I'm also going to throw in a little mini plushie as well. I just haven't decided what that one will say. Maybe nothing actually.

Moose and Bear has had a busy couple of days. Although no other sales, I've been contacted about doing some potential consignment work for a gallery shop in Newcastle. It's the first time I've been asked about this, so it's very flattering. I'm not sure how it will work out, and I'm currently putting together my brochure. And by brochure, I mean copying my Etsy page into a different format. Pricing is one of the most difficult issues - they are asking for 40% commission rate, which might push the price of my wee beasties up! Then again, I've had feedback on the Etsy forums that prices could be doing with being raised a dollar or two. That's not 40% though! Some people have good things to say, some don't...

I've also signed up for my first ever craft fair!!! April 21st (I think!) in Morningside, Edinburgh. I'll be there with my coterie of beasties. It could be amazing, it could be completely disheartening. Time will only tell.

I also got my moo cards - very exciting!! Some came out better than others - well, it was my first try. I can't wait to start giving them out and leaving them in coffee shops etc. I think that next time I will make a special flickr folder for pictures that have been edited to fit the moo shape though.

Right now I'm really feeling inspired to do some embroidering, a la subversive stitching stylee. I'm going to pick up some aida today along with more filling for my plushies. And I'm trying to plot ways of getting to the new HobbyCraft that has opened in Glasgow. Damn not having a car!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Aww, poor little guy and his headaches! I hope the plushie helps, and how sweet of you to throw in a little something extra :-) This little 'feed me' guy is adorable!

Tizzalicious said...

I can't wait to see the result for that one! I get bad migraines very often too, so I'm very curious!

fi at moose and bear said...

thanks guys!!!