Wednesday 23 January 2008

it's all go-go-go at moose and bear!

It really has been a busy couple of days at moose and bear and really really exciting. Last week someone convo-ed me about doing some consignment work, which was hugely flattering. I've done a bit of research (thank you to everyone on the etsy forums who puts up with my inane questions), and the general consensus is that it can sometimes work, and sometimes not. So I'm guessing I should do it this once, and see how well I like doing it. I've got to make up 10 plushies - a mixture of swearing and non-swearing - and send them by mid-Feb. That shouldn't be too onerous.



I also received my moo cards this week. As you can see, I got quite a range. I like them all apart from the bottom three. I imagine that the first time you get moo cards is a bit of trial and error, but I'm pretty pleased with these. Now I just have to suck up the courage to start talking to people about my shop!!


Actually, the cards are out of date. I made a big sale yesterday - 3 items to one seller! And, pity the poor seller, I had only just put my prices up a couple of hours ago. I had received feedback that my prices were too low and were probably putting off sellers, so I put them up, and lo and behold, three things gone! I was actually in a state of shock, because I logged in and my shop looked empty! It was fantastic. So goodbye to Steve the Robot, George the Octopus, and the cute little matryoska dolls. I am most upset about Steve, because I kept
meaning to writing down the pattern I thought up whilst making him, but now he's in the mail. I guess that pretty much makes him OOAK. Cool.


I've been making a lot of felt recently, so the last couple of nights I've been getting back into my amigurumi. I was planning on making a two legged blobby monster. Only, when I finished him, he looked more like a penis. So now I don't know what to do. I think he's fantastically cute, but would people really want a blue penis esque plushie in their lives? Oooooh. Design-wise, I think it's back to the drawing board unfortunately.

2 comments:

Crafterella said...

He is very penis like, but I've seen a lot of naughty crochet, I'm sure you could find him a good home.

Tricia McKellar said...

That's hilarious... naughty and cute. :)