Monday 21 January 2008

my boyfriend sews


IMG_3717, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

Oh yes he does. Last night he sat and concentrated very hard whilst sewing his very first plushie. No pictures of it yet, but I'll post them as soon as I get them. He made a very cool 3-D owl. It was very cute to watch, but for some reason he does army sewing which means doubling up the thread. Fine with normal black cotton thread, unnecessary with gorgeous yellow embroidery thread that I just bought yesterday!!! Today he sent me an email of how he wanted to make another monster today. So sweet. Although now he's going to want to become a Moose and Bear partner, rather than employee. He does most of my photography and copy writing at the moment - hey, he's got a degree in marketing, he should!

I listed this adorable little green guy today, right after I left work early to post my latest sale. It's always a nice feeling posting something off to pastures new. I always worry though that buyers will be upset when they get my stuff. I remember one buyer, just before Christmas, bought three different things from my store. I didn't hear anything for ages, and then I got the best feedback ever - things were "ridiculously cute" and "perfect gift" - I was walking on clouds all day after that! I love the buyer-seller relationship that happens on Etsy - I also logged in, not to find a sale, but a message from someone saying that they thought my stuff was adorable. Almost as good as a sale! I'm also getting more and more into the forums, building up relationships, knowledge, passing it onto other people. It feels good to do that.

No comments: