Wednesday 30 January 2008

no promoting today

Having an etsy shop isn't just about the crafting. I think I probably spend more time actually promoting my shop and getting people to just look at what I have. This involves my flickr page, this blog itself, adverts on project wonderful, promoting on the forums, and my myspace page. That's a lot of work. And you need to keep up that promotion work to get those buyers coming through. But you know what? I don't feel like it today. I didn't do it yesterday (lovely dinner), and I won't do it tomorrow because I'm away for work and will be crafting from my hotel room. But you know what? That's okay. This journey is about fun. It's about becoming a better crafter. It's about creating fantastic products. And if, for a few days, I just don't feel like spending hours online promoting my store, that's fine. Because I never want to get to a stage where Moose and Bear is anything less than a pleasure to work on.

Oh, and I did get a sale yesterday. So I am doing fine for cash right now as well. :)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is a great post and one that unfortunately is so very true for most of us on Etsy.

I have lots of days off ;)