Friday 1 February 2008

away from home is great for industry


IMG_3813, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

Yesteday, I sat on my hotel bed and cut out felt, sewed, embroidered and generally made a mess from 5 until about 10.30, with only some short breaks for essentials like green curry (the only edible thing on the holiday inn menu!). I never bring stuffing with me whenever I travel as it just takes up far too much space in my tiny rolly bag. So I now have 3 bunnies, one swearing amoeba monster, and a newly designed "drip paint" monster to stuff tonight. The new bunnies and swearing amoeba (I really need a better name than that!) are great thanks to my lovely new felt colours from paper and string, and I really want to list them, but instead they are getting packaged up and put in a box and sent to Newcastle, where they will be my first consignment order. I will photograph them though, and turn them into part of my catalogue that I'm building. I'll be listing my new "drip monster" over the weekend, along with tonight's second burst of super industry. Thanks to all this entirely focused, internet free crafting that I've been able to do, I now am ready to get back into promoting the wonders of Moose and Bear, and, even better, go supply shopping!! John Lewis have lots of new felt colours in, so I'll be dropping in there tomorrow. Bugs and Fishes posted about not having the exactly right colour of thread for felt, and I feel her pain, because I'm the same right now, so I'm going to get some new thread, and a whole heap of buttons as well. Nothing makes a crafter happier than going shopping for supplies!!!

No comments: