Tuesday 5 February 2008

brand new steve!


IMG_3914, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

I've been working on a brand new Steve since last week. Steve the Robot was originally made at the beginning of the new year, and he sold in just a couple of weeks. He was part of the original "moose and bear" crew - the softies that make up my avatar and business cards, and that I blogged about how attached I was to here. Anyway, I've made a new Steve, with some design changes. To be honest, whilst I was making him I had a nagging feeling that he just wasn't as good as the old Steve - he's a bit bigger for a start. But, actually, now that he's finished, and I've taken pictures of him, spent some time with him, understood his feelings and really bonded, I think he's not bad at all. My shop was also looking like a crochet free zone, which is okay, but I like to give my customers variety, so I'm glad that I can list him tonight and bring some variety back to Moose and Bear.

3 comments:

Janice said...

Steve's cute. Robots are great. Liking the blog!

Laura said...

Just found your blog and it's fab! Steve is really cool, he looks like a lot of work! I have just started hand knitting and love it but bought a crochet hook last month and have no idea where to start, any tips or recommended reading for a novice?

OMB said...

Steve is really cute!!! Looks like he's ready to make a new friend.