Sunday 17 February 2008

Design Improvements




My crocheted matryoska dolls have proven to be pretty popular, but I have always had a hard time making their faces in a way that I was totally happy with. I have also been doing a lot of felt applique recently and absolutely loved the look of it, and how easy it is to manipulate to get the effect I wanted. Yesterday when I was making another set of dolls, instead of making crocheted faces, I decided to do felt ones, and it is such an improvement!! I am so pleased with the new dolls - I think they look doubly adorable now. I think one of the great things about crafting is the development of skills - you can visibly see my development. That is so rewarding.

10 comments:

High Desert Diva said...

oh...you're right...these look softer/sweeter!

jewelstreet said...

Oh, they are so precious! I love the pic of them.

MGoodell said...

those look great. And a great way to display them!

Angela said...

Simply adorable!

Anonymous said...

Precious as always!

Infinite Cosmos said...

those are insanely cute! great work on those!

Tizzalicious said...

Aww, they look adorable indeed!

Erika said...

These look great – what fun colors!

Anonymous said...

Love your pile of little guys! They are so cute! I can sure be draining to do a whole bunch...but looks like you pulled it off spectacularly!

madhat said...

Those felt faces look lovely!