Thursday 14 February 2008

crocheted cuteness


IMG_3962, originally uploaded by mooseandbear.

These little cuties were made for a custom order I got last week. I actually have started making a third set, because they seem to be pretty popular - I get a lot of comments on the photos on flickr, which is nice.

I did a showcase this week on etsy in the gift guides section. I might as well have ripped up my $7. My views and hearts were not substantially changed from a normal day, and I had absolutely zero sales. I guess the main learning from that experience is not to do it again! Like I said in an earlier post, somethings you have to learn for yourself. Sales are actually quite low at the moment, I feel. I've had one big order of 5 things, but not much else. Perhaps it is because I haven't been doing as much off-Etsy promoting, like myspace, so I think I'll spend Friday night clicking around myspace adding friends, comments and my mini-Etsy everywhere. Perhaps that will give me a boost.

It's also Valentines Day today, so tonight will be Etsy-free. I'm looking forward to chilling out with my boy, eating some nice food, and having a wander round the neighbourhood.

6 comments:

OMB said...

Very cute indeed!!!

Regina said...

Adorable!

High Desert Diva said...

Hope you have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Tizzalicious said...

Those really are cute!

Simply Wired Custom Jewelry said...

These are totally cute! As for the category showcase--I've found I haven't had much luck with them. Honestly, it's better to save your $7.00 for renewals of your items, or save the $7.00 for two months in a row and put it toward a main showcase spot. Good luck with your blogging--you've got some nice stuff here!

Anonymous said...

How adorable!