Friday 15 February 2008

myspace madness

I've just spent the morning clicking through myspace adding friends and using my EtsyMini as a comment. I have found that promoting on myspace does tend to lead to more hearts and views on my work. I'm not sure I've had a sale through myspace yet, but who can tell. And hearts are bookmarks for future views - who knows when a potential buyer might come along. So I'll do a little bit more this afternoon, interspersed with some genuine hard work (I've got to put together a report for work!), and then tonight will be back to some serious crafting. I've realised that I've got about 4 weekends until my first craft fair, and that threw me into a bit of a panic, especially since one is going to be spent in Israel. Weekends are my most productive time, so I'm going to have to work extra hard over the next couple to get enough wares for my debut at the Glasgow Craft Mafia Fair in March. I'm super excited about it though. I am not really expecting to sell much, or even make it even on my entrance fee, but I'm hoping it will be a good opportunity for meeting other crafty people, and maybe make some future sales with my business cards etc. I haven't even thought about what I need to take - I've never even been to a craft fair, never mind actually exhibited. If I start thinking about it though, I'll start getting stressed. Not a good plan.

3 comments:

Hey Harriet said...

Don't stress, I'm sure you'll have fun & be a real hit at the Glasgow Craft Mafia Fair :)

OMB said...

Good luck on the craft fair!!! You will do well.
Happy Crafting!!!

High Desert Diva said...

Is this and indoor or outdoor event? You might consider setting a mock booth at your house, get your display figured out, take some pics and then it will be a breeze when you actually go to set up the day of the fair.

Best of luck!