Sunday 10 February 2008

Lisa the Marshmallow Yeti Monster


Meet Lisa, the Marshamallow Yeti Monster. I just finished her, after starting designing her yesteday. She took a lot longer than I expected, with all those applique felt circles, and her face took forever. I'm still terrible at faces. I really wanted to use buttons for her eyes, but none of the buttons I had worked, and even now, I'm not sure what sort of buttons would be good. Her face, actually, all of her, is very Japanese kawaii influenced. She's probably the biggest plushie I've yet made, and whilst I prefer making small things (and have a whole bunch of teenies planned), I'm quite proud of her. I also hadn't used plain cotton thread for stitching felt before, and it was a lot more secure than I thought it would be. I hope she finds a good home soon. I have hardly anything in my shop, and a showcase on Tuesday, so I've got my work cut out to get enough in my shop to make it worthwhile. Back to the crochet hook!!

1 comment:

I Dig This Life said...

Love the marshmallow yeti, although now i have a craving for marshmallows :S